Friday, May 16, 2014

Amazing

'Tell me the stories of Jesus I love to hear.' (Hymn)
I see it again and again, God is active and with us in the world today, revealing this in so many ways if we have ears to hear and eyes to see and a heart that's open.This week a young man asked me if I could help him. As he constantly wiped tears from his cheeks with the corner of his jacket he  told a story of trying to survive on a very low income job, restricted by a bridging visa and with a wife and baby to look after as well. I can't make ends meet, we are sinking, can you find me a job, I have aged care qualifications . My heart went out to him and I said I would do my best.  After he left  I immediately went to the Lord and pleaded his case to God. ' How,' I said' can we help this desperate young man, a pilgrim in our country?'   I went later in the day to the aged care facility and pleaded his case 'Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face and the things of earth will seem strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace.'
 but God had gone before me, paving the way and at this moment it seems, this young man has a job, restricted still by a bridging visa but on a higher salary.  'What can I say but 'thank you God, thanks you.' and I say it on my knees. I came home singing
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord