Monday, June 24, 2013

your power, O God.

' I am with you always.' Matt 28:20
It is such a wonderful thing to know that God is always with us. That is where his peace comes from.
 I woke up in the night and through my uncovered window I saw a sky of stars and immediately came to mind one of my favorite hymns: '  I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder, thy power throughout the universe displayed.'   (How great thou art)
Jesus said:' I am with you always.' Not I will be, not I might be, not perhaps, but I AM with you always. How blessed are we when our thoughts immediately go to God, in the day and in the night. How blessed are we to really know his presence.
I recall this old  verse: (author unknown)
 O Jesus, make thy self to me
 a living bright reality!
more present to faith's vision keen
than any outward vision seen.
May you know deep in your heart the words of Jesus:' I am with you always.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord