Friday, October 29, 2010

THE gate


' Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.' John 10: 1-2
I love the King James version that says 'verily, verily. I think that has a richness and a deeper meaning that reaches deep inside ones being......verily, verily I tell you.
I like to think of this gate as something we all pass through, or should pass through each day before we go out into the world,into the sheep fold, where there are sheep and wolves. Unless God is with us in mind and heart and prayer, unless we have sought strength through him, then its a bit like the wolf entering the fold.

I like this prayer:
You are the gate, O Lord!
Through you may I pass, out to my daily work and back again to rest, and whether in work or rest, may I abide in your safekeeping. (FB Myer)
Lets set about our daily work, having passed through the 'gate' first.
Grace and peace.
Anne