Friday, June 3, 2022

Arise, shine.

 It is you who lights my lamp ; the Lord my God Psalm 18:28

There are so many thoughts that cross my mind in the first experience of the morning. Its cold, its foggy, like a thick mist, and as I look out on the day the voice within me quotes the first line of a poem I wrote some time ago: 'Soft soft the morning mist did creep, across the land that lay asleep.' And despite the weather, my heart sings in this new day. I love the quote  by Kahlil Gibran which says: I arise at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.  I was asked yesterday  what motivates me to do what I do? What gets me up in the morning? and my response was : I see each day as  new opportunities. I see them and feel them when I go out into the early morning and there is an excitement about who I might see today and the conversations we might have, about who God will put in my path so I can be Christ to them and its that step in my soul and heart that is exciting and motivates in preparation to serve in every new day. That's what gets me up.  What is your approach to a new day? what gets you up in the morning.

Go well and enjoy all you do in the name of Christ. Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                And a new day dawns