Monday, August 7, 2017

Precious God given love

Take my love;my Lord, I pour, at thy feet its treasure stored. TIS 599
The greatest thing that God asks of us is that we love one another and what an example we have if we look to him. We know what its like when someone shows us love in so many ways, we know how that makes us feel and how much it gives us life.
I was looking at God's love this past week when I visited the dementia ward of the nursing home with my little dog. I was looking at God's love as I listened to  an aid worker telling of the humanitarian crisis in Syria and I was looking at God's love this morning as I saw even more bright yellow blossoms bursting on the branches of the winter wattle and smelt its perfume in the air, God's perfume. As I wrapped the prayers of the morning around my heart I prayed.  Take our love Lord, our precious God given love, like the five barley loaves and two small fishes, and multiply it, so that it may be a blessing to you and to others.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord