Monday, August 21, 2017

Not alone

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
I think of my favourite solo singing artists. The ones who's voices make me stop in my tracks and  give me goosebumps, so moving and emotional is the voice.  Such artists as Bocelli, Enja, Sarah Brightman but of all the solo artists the one that moves me most, takes my breath away and puts me at the feet of Jesus, is the solo magpie at the break of dawn.If ever there was a morning voice to God that says it all then this is it. The strong, melodious warbling is for me, the morning call to focus on God as the day begins to cover the night. Somehow it causes me to think of the 'silent' morning songs that are going up to God in our morning prayers. In itself, this one voice of the solo  magpie represents all the unheard voices raising their prayers to God at the start of a new day.
Do you ever get the sense when you are saying your daily office, your morning prayers, in the quiet of your chosen space, that you are not doing it alone? Reflect on the things in life that bring you to the feet of Jesus and be blessed.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.