Friday, May 24, 2024

Gift of his love

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. TIS 768

From the sacred space I could touch the glorious bloom of the last rose of summer. In the stillness and the quiet as I pondered with God on the gift of this new day I marvelled at the acuteness of its colour and the beauty of its perfect formation. It was as if God had placed it within my sight in an otherwise bare winter garden as an offering, a gift, of his love through creation. Stillness and quiet are what invites God into our space to sit and to be with us and to show us his love.  My morning prayer rises with these words: Teach me your ways so that I may hear you in the silence, see you in the emptiness, touch you in the gifts of creation.

May the peace of God fill your life every single day.      Anne, servant of the Lord

.
                                                       The last of the summer roses- a gift.